Guided Math The First 25 Days is the latest book in my Guided Math series.
The book was inspired by the many teachers I have trained in Guided Math over the years. After attending a Guided Math professional development workshop, teachers kept asking for a detailed description of how to transition their students to Guided Math groups and stations. I listened.
Guided Math The First 25 Days is an implementation handbook for teachers of Kindergarten through seventh grade. This book explains how to set-up a Guided Math format in any classroom. This resource manual contains 5 weeks of actual lesson plans that help teachers to plan Guided Math lessons according to their own grade level math standards. Each week focuses on the behaviors and process of transitioning students to math workshop stations. In fact, I purposefully designed this resource book so teachers would understand the process of planning for and meeting the needs of every Guided Math Group, in essence every student in the classroom.
Guided Math The First 25 Days
• includes the lesson plan ideas for 25 days for K-7th grade teachers
• guides teachers for planning for the rest of the year according to their Math Standards
• details the steps to successfully train students in the procedures & behaviors in Guided Math
• describes Large group mini-lessons
• details the process of placing students into a group & planning for each group
• discusses the 4 math stations & the process of purposefully planning for them
• adds in Engaged Math Activities
• utilizes specific math strategies for the entire year
• differentiates for learners in various ways
• shares tips for getting grades and secrets for keeping up
• provides a variety of schedules to use
• incorporates technology whenever possible
• is designed to be used with any math curriculum series
If you would like to look at a few pages, let’s do just that. Below is page 9 that explains Engaged Math Activities for Guided Math. It begins to discuss the student behaviors for Math Stations and some resources for finding some great EMAs! Each rotation of Guided Math is described in the first chapter.
Next is one page of Day 8. (This is after the week’s overview where I help you choose your grade level math standards for each math station and plan the activities. Examples for various grade levels are given in each week’s overview. Schedules are included so teachers can visualize the rotations. )