Guided Math Workshop Details
What will you learn on this day:
1. The Guided Math Group teaching strategies to transition your students to mastery of math thinking and Common Core Standards.
2. The complete understanding of practical methods to manage guided math groups starting tomorrow.
3. The secret to using guided math in your classroom successfully and with ease.
You will leave with:
1. Copies of Guided Math schedules and engaged math activities to use right away for your grade level.
2. A “To Do” list that details the steps you need to do to begin running guided math groups.
3. Lists of Engaged Math Activities Resources.
4. A new found sense of math confidence for your teaching.
Registration for the day is from 8:00-8:300A.M. The workshop begins promptly at 8:30A.M. and concludes at 3:00P.M. Your one hour lunch break is on your own. Registration fees include extensive training in Guided Math strategies, some guided group resources, interactive collaboration time, and morning snacks.
Who should attend?
- K-5 Classroom Teachers
- 6-8 Math Teachers
- Math Specialists
- Title 1 Teachers/Directors
- ELL Teachers
- K-8 High Ability Teachers
- K-8 Principals and Assistant Principals
*Principals attend free with three paid registrations, no substitutions.
Guided Math Workshop Details
8:00 Registration & breakfast snack
8:00-10:30A.M. Learn about the Research behind and the implementation ideas for Guided Math Groups, effective large group mini-lessons, and Guided Math Small Group Strategies/expected behaviors
10:30-10:40 A.M. Morning break
10:40-11:50A.M. Discuss Engaged Math Activities to use during the Guided Math rotations, view several weekly rotation schedules, and watch some short videos.
11:30-12:45P.M. Enjoy lunch on your own at local restaurants
1:00-3:00P.M. Look at many specific math activities resources, using assessment to drive instruction, and the ease of incorporating spiral review into stations. Receive tips on how to “Build Math Thinking” and a “To Do” list to get started
3:00P.M. Workshop concludes
The book, Guided Math: The First 25 Days, will be referenced throughout the workshop. The book details the behaviors for students, the process to plan small guided groups lessons, and the implementation of the guided math schedule & rotations. The book can be bought at a discount at the workshop. Click this link to preview the book.
To register for a workshop, click on the location link at the top of the main page. It will connect you to the registration page for that location. Please call Angela to schedule a teacher training professional workshop at your school. firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-260-740-6698
Guided Math with Angela Bauer Workshops may sell out. Onsite registration is not recommended. If seats are available, then onsite registration will be available for an additional $25 fee. Contact Bauer Educational Enterprises, LLC for availability.